Monday, April 21, 2008

I am 17, going on 18...

In these last fleeting moments before I am officially 18...I am slightly terrified.
The last year has quite possibly been the best year of my life.
I gave up a lot and I gained a lot, too.
I wonder what this next year has in store for my life.
I'm excited and so scared all at once.
Tonight is a paradox.
Tomorrow it will be over.
There is no escaping it.
No escaping time.
I just...I love being 17.
I hope that 18 is just as good as 17.
...Actually, I hope it is BETTER.



I got a
baby's brain and an old man's heart
Took eighteen years to get this far
Don't always know what I'm talkin' about
Feels like I'm livin in the middle of doubt
Cause I'm
eighteen
and I don't know what I want
Eighteen
I just don't know what I want...

1 comment:

Lis said...

I tried to stay up to call you at midnight and fell asleep.

Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday! Wish I could be with you to help celebrate. Love you.