Monday, April 28, 2008

This weekend I was feeling really bummed about the astronomically high gas prices (almost 4.00 a gallon in SC, and at some gas stations it is at least that much) and a thought went through my head - "why don't they make cars that run on water or something?" so I looked it up. Here is just one video about one guy who is onto using water as an energy source.

also, here is the link to the website on how to convert your car so that is runs partially on water, and also has a few other videos on using water as an energy source to charge cell phones, iPods, even laptops.
I find this incredible. I stopped buying gas from companies that purchase oil from Middle Eastern countries a few months ago, and started only buying from domestic oil companies, but this seems like the best alternative. Not only would it make driving cheaper, but according to the website your car has cleaner emissions as well.
Of course oil companies are going to fight it with all they've got saying it won't work, and will never amount to anything, but isn't that what western union said about the telephone, and wasn't that also the response to automobiles in the first place?
I'm just saying, I think they're on to something.

No comments: