Friday, July 18, 2008

The Dark Knight

I know, I know...I haven't blogged in a very long time. I have been pretty busy, and I've had a hard time thinking of things to blog about. But last night (or very early this morning, rather) I was inspired.
I saw the new Batman movie, "The Dark Knight" at the midnight premiere. It was completely amazing. This was, in my opinion, the best movie of the year, and overall one of the best movies I have ever seen. The performance, the plot, the acting, the delivery...Everything was perfect.
I do want to make a point to give credit where credit is due. Heath Ledger truly outdid himself in his final role as the Joker. It was one of the best performances I have ever seen, and it is tragic that he is not here anymore to get the acclaim he deserves for such a delivery. I hope this is how he is remembered, as a truly talented and gifted actor. The casting in the hands of anyone less capable would have been criminal. He was the perfect fit for this role, and he just did so well. I can't even stress how well he portrayed the Joker.
Christopher Nolan really did well on this film, as he has in the past with his others (Batman Begins, The Prestige, Memento) and makes you really think about the moral ethics in the movie, the state of man, and how everyone is capable of the greatest evil, even if they are the "good guy". It's a breath of fresh air compared to the Hollywood code of ethics, where "good" is good, "bad" is bad, and the two hardly ever mix, and no lines are crossed. I really appreciated the deeper philosophies this movie presented, it actually makes you think.
Anyway, I think every person needs to see this. It was outstanding.

1 comment:

Lis said...

Heath Ledger amazed and scared me as the joker just in the preview...I am afraid that I will not be able to see this till it comes out on DVD though since I have no one to go with and have someone watch Providence.